REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and HONG KONG, Oct. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has been awarded the 2015 Asia Pacific Data Center Green Innovation Leadership Award by Frost & Sullivan. Equinix was specifically recognized for its continued focus on designing and managing industry leading green data centers across the Asia Pacific region.
- Equinix was awarded the Green Innovation Leadership Award based on its ability to demonstrate outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technology innovation, customer service and strategic product development. An example of this includes the retrofitting of its SG1 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center with a granular temperature control system that has improved the facilities power usage effectiveness (PUE) and achieved savings of more than 8 million kilowatt hours of energy between 2012-2014.
- Every Equinix data center uses technology and techniques that reduce its environmental impact. Equinix's global IBX operations and engineering teams have implemented comprehensive conservation and efficiency programs that include energy and water conservation. Data centers in Asia-Pacific deploy:
- Adaptive control systems that reduce power consumption and increase cooling capacity through active airflow management
- Motion-activated lighting sensors to reduce energy consumption coupled with energy-efficient LED systems
- Cold/hot aisle containment that uses physical barriers to reduce the mixing of cold air in data center supply aisles with the hot air in their exhaust aisles, resulting in lower energy consumption and more efficient cooling
- Variable frequency drives that are deployed in chillers, pumps and fans in Equinix's HVAC systems to save energy by automatically reducing a motor's speed and power draw to match lower system loads
- Equinix's data centers in Sydney (SY3), Hong Kong (HK2 phase 2, HK3 phase 2) and Tokyo (TY4) have earned Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design® (LEED) Gold certifications for high building standards by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The three data centers were awarded for excellent performance in terms of energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emission reductions, stewardship of resources and sensitivity to its impact on the environment. Additional data centers in Hong Kong (HK1 phase 9) and Singapore (SG3) are pending gold certification. All of Equinix's data centers in Singapore have received SS 564 certifications, a Singaporean green building standard similar to LEED.
- To reinforce Equinix's focus on green initiatives and energy conservation, it has set aggressive targets of 1.45 or lower for the company's design average power usage effectiveness (PUE).
- Equinix has recently signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) for solar power that will cover all of its California data centers and will increase its use of clean, renewable sources from 30 percent to 43 percent globally.
- Now in its eighth consecutive year, the Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Best Practices Awards recognize companies across industries commending their diligence, commitment, and innovative business strategies required to advance in the global marketplace.
- Adwaith Visveswaran, senior research analyst, Asia Pacific Energy & Environment Practice, Frost & Sullivan:
"Equinix continues to exhibit exemplary growth by building and maintaining state-of-the-art green data centers across the Asia Pacific region. In all its IBX facilities in the region, the company has deployed some of the most innovative and finest 'green' technologies that meet energy efficiency requirements. With its unflinching desire towards reducing the density of power consumption and carbon footprint, Equinix has demonstrated the true characteristics of a market leader."
- Samuel Lee, president, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
"Embracing green IT and renewable energy has become an important topic of discussion in boardrooms today. Equinix was the first colocation provider to provide a snapshot of our energy demand and related greenhouse footprint, as well as our electricity supply mix at a regional level, via our Green Web Portal. We constantly evaluate the energy efficiency of our data centers and are quick to adopt proven energy-saving technologies and techniques on a global scale. This award not only validates this approach, but also reinforces our commitment to putting all of our data centers on an aggressive path for efficiency improvements."
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with client to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies? www.frost.com
Sobre a Equinix
A Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) conecta as principais empresas do mundo aos seus clientes, colaboradores e parceiros dentro dos mais interconectados data centers. Presente em 33 mercados nos cinco continentes, a Equinix é o local em que as empresas se reúnem para identificar novas oportunidades e acelerar suas estratégias de negócios, TI e cloud. www.equinix.com.
Este comunicado à imprensa contém declarações prospectivas que envolvem riscos e incertezas. Os resultados reais podem diferir significativamente das expectativas abordadas nessas declarações prospectivas. Dentre os fatores que podem causar tais diferenças, podemos citar, entre outros: os desafios de adquirir, operar e construir data centers IBX e de desenvolver, implantar e prestar serviços Equinix; dificuldades ou custos imprevistos relacionados com a integração das empresas que adquirimos ou que iremos adquirir para a Equinix; falha ao receber uma receita significativa de clientes em data centers recém-construídos ou recém-adquiridos; falha em firmar um acordo de financiamento previsto ao longo do tempo; concorrência de concorrentes novos e existentes; a capacidade de gerar fluxo de caixa suficiente ou de obter fundos para pagar financiamentos novos ou pendentes; perda ou queda no negócio de nossos principais clientes; e outros riscos descritos de tempos em tempos nos registros da Equinix protocolados junto à Securities and Exchange Commission. Em particular, veja os recentes relatórios trimestrais e anuais da Equinix protocolados junto à Securities and Exchange Commission, cujas cópias estão disponíveis mediante solicitação da Equinix. A Equinix não assume nenhuma obrigação de atualizar as informações prospectivas contidas neste comunicado à imprensa.
Equinix e IBX são marcas registradas da Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange é uma marca registrada da Equinix, Inc.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contacts (APAC): Lorraine Little-Bigelow, + (852) 2970 7742, email@example.com; or Keso Kendall / Summer Jia, LEWIS PR, + (852) 3944 5000, EquinixHK@lewispr.com